There are a few surprising things that I have found interesting to capture since returning back to the USA. Newspaper boxes, mailboxes and parking meters. Lovely parking meters, like this set, all by themselves. Or parking meters with something else, like my scooter. I didn't see these beauties in Italy, there was usually a box where you would pay down the street and print a receipt. That was boring. These are interesting.
The real voyage of discovery consists of not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
-- Marcel Proust
Linking in to Texture Tuesday today. Here's the recipe I used:
- First, adjusted levels and converted to sepia tone.
- Next, added Kim Klassen's crackerjack texture, blended with soft light at 88%.
- Erased this layer over the parking meters.
- Finally, added the crackerjack texture again, rotating 180 degrees. Blended with soft light at 48%.
_________________________ What's going on around The Kat Eye View of the World...
- The current Exploring with a Camera theme is Process of Elimination. Check out the post and explore with us.
- Do you want to deepen the connection between your heart and soul and your photography? Registration for the fall series of the Find Your Eye e-course is open! Visit here for more info.
- You can subscribe to the Kat Eye News to stay up-to-date on all the happenings.